Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Car Claims Direct & other trading names
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Regulation.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ????????.
Under the GDPR we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
We use the consent lawful basis under the GDPR for the processing of your personal information when you explicitly consent for your information to be used to contact you with regards to an enquiry. We collect only the following information from you:
- Phone number
- Email address
We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists and we no longer need to contact you. Personal information will not be shared with any third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies located on your computer do not contain your name but an IP address. In many cases, after the user’s session is cancelled the information contained in the cookies is no longer available.
Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please ensure that your computer setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them, although you may not have access to all the features of the website if you do so. See your browser “Help” button for how you can do this.
DATA SECURITY AND PROTECTION
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement. Our security measures include:
- encryption of data;
- assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data
- planning and exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents
- penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect our IT infrastructure from unauthorised access
- internal policies and training setting out our data security approach to employees
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Car Claims Direct has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with the GDPR.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Data Protection Officer, Car Claims Direct, 53 King Street, Manchester M2 4LQ.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at ico.org.uk